While we will be sad to see you go!
Please ensure that you follow the appropriate check-out procedures listed below when departing at the end of each school year or if you are leaving ISNS permanently.
If you are returning for the next school year:
- Put away any important personal belongings in order to keep them safe and clean. It is a good idea to place dehumidifying packs with your items in wardrobes, cupboards, boxes, etc. to prevent mold growth.
- Remove all garbage from the apartment.
- Unplug all electrical appliances. The refrigerator can be left plugged in if you have items in it. Power outages may occur, however, so it is recommended that you do not leave perishable items in the refrigerator over the summer.
If you are departing permanently:
- Schedule a check-out time with the General Affairs Office (Kris Wu) prior to your departure date (at least 72 hours in advance).
- Remove all garbage and clean the apartment thoroughly.
- Unplug all electrical appliances.
- Clean out your refrigerator and leave the door open.
- Be sure that all the furniture and furnishings provided by ISNS are in their original place and are in good condition (use the checklist).
- Remove all personal belongings from the apartment.
- Return your ID Card & key to the staff member that checks you out.
- Pay any fines that you may have insured due to loss or damage.
- Provide us with your forwarding address and e-mail.
- Notify family, friends, companies and mail order subscriptions of your address change.