ISNS Academic Calendar
Venue and Event Booking
For booking a venue, we use Office 365 Calendars. Please follow the instructions below:
- Accept the invitation to the “Master ISNS and Venue Booking Calendar” in the e-mail sent you.
- Check to make sure the calendar shows up in the left-hand column of your calendar app (you can get to the calendar app by clicking on the 9 small squares in the upper left hand corner of your e-mail – you may want to open this in a new tab).
- Click on the calendar where you want to create an event or click the “New Event” button.
- Click on “More Details” when the dialog box pops up.
- See the following image and be sure to fill in the information as follows:
- Type an event name in the top box along with the venue name and your name.
- In the second box, choose the official title for the venue you want to book. It will look something like this: Main-5-T506-Auditorium (353) AV. Using the official venue title will block it off so others can’t double book.
- Choose “Master ISNS and Venue Booking Calendar” as the calendar it will be placed on. (These are color coded and you can set your own color for each of your calendars.) Important: If you put it on your own calendar no one else will know you have booked it!
- Add collaborators in the upper right hand corner. If you need Air Conditioning turned on or other GA support you need to include members of the GA team (Kris Wu, Catherine Xi, Hellen Tan). If you need IT support (microphones, etc.) you need to include IT.Help Desk.
- For specialized spaces, please communicate with the relevant person or department that generally manages or uses that space. If booking the field or the gym, please request permission from the Athletics Director beforehand. If booking the Gallery, please request permission from the Visual Arts Department Head beforehand.
- If you want the event to appear on your personal calendar, you can add yourself as a collaborator.
- Adjust the time and date as necessary.
- Make the event a repeating event if necessary.
- Add an e-mail reminder for yourself or others if necessary.
- Add comments if necessary.
- Click “Send” in the upper left-hand corner.
If you need a training session on the use of Outlook Calendars please do not hesitate to let us know.
The Academic Office will help with monitoring this calendar and you can see them if you have any issues. Please do not delete or change anyone else’s bookings!
Please care for any venue that you use and return it to a clean and orderly condition when finished using it.